Bear Mattress Review
Bear is an all foam mattress. Bear utilizes graphite infused memory foam on the top comfort layer followed two quick response foams and the foam core. Bear mattress is a good medium-medium firm feel that sleeps well in all sleeping positions. See the full review below or watch our video review above.
You Will Like the Bear Mattress if You:
- Want a good value – Bear utilizes the direct to consumer model so you can save some money there!
- Like to sleep cool – The graphite infused memory foam did not get excessively hot for us at all. Kayla is typically always cold so heat was not an issue for her either.
- Are looking for additional health benefits with the Celliant Cover – Bear uses a Celliant cover. “Extensive development by leading experts in medicine and science has resulted in a proprietary fiber that is loaded with a potent mix of thermo-reactive minerals. Powered by your own metabolism, Celliant™ is more hybrid engine than textile. It recycles and converts radiant body heat into something that gives the body a boost— infrared energy.
- Harnessing this energy while you sleep, Celliant™ fibers promote circulation leading to an increase in oxygen levels and to faster recovery and healing.
- Celliant™ has been through nine clinical tests to prove its effectiveness” Source:BearMattress.com
- Are looking for a mattress to fit all sleeping positions – Bear is a good medium feel and it performed well for all of our sleeping position tests.
YOU MIGHT NOT LIKE THE BEAR MATTRESS IF YOU:
- Want a super soft mattress – Bear is a medium-Medium Firm feel. If you prefer an extra soft mattress you will want to look elsewhere. Or extra firm.
- Don’t like foam mattresses – If you are a spring mattress lover you may want to consider something with coils.
- Are a heavier sleeper – I usually recommend mattresses more than 10″ thick if you are over 280lbs.
Bear Mattress Construction
- 1st layer Comfort and Temperature Control – 1″ of Graphite Gel Memory Foam.
- 2nd and 3rd layers Pressure Relief, Cooling and Support– 2.5″ Quick Response Foam
- Bottom layer (core foundation) – 6.5″ ″ layer of high density support foam. This layer acts as a strong foundational support base for the above comfort layers. As well as providing additional support for heavier sleepers.
Bear Mattress Cover
Celliant Cover – “Extensive development by leading experts in medicine and science has resulted in a proprietary fiber that is loaded with a potent mix of thermo-reactive minerals. Powered by your own metabolism, Celliant™ is more hybrid engine than textile. It recycles and converts radiant body heat into something that gives the body a boost— infrared energy.Harnessing this energy while you sleep, Celliant™ fibers promote circulation leading to an increase in oxygen levels and to faster recovery and healing. Celliant™ has been through nine clinical tests to prove its effectiveness” Source:BearMattress.com
Bear will work great on any solid surface. The floor, platform slats, boxspring/foundation and they now offer an adjustable base as well.
BEAR MATTRESS REVIEW
His and Hers – Firmness and Feel:
My Thoughts (Ross)
We had a good experience on the Bear Mattress. I am generally one who prefers thicker mattresses but Bear didn’t bottom out easily and had a good overall feel. I always use a mattress protector so some of the benefits of the cover may not have been noticed for me. The nice thing is now they offer a mattress protector that uses the same fabric as the mattress!
The Bear Mattress impressed me for the following reasons.
- A.) To me the overall build and quality was above average. The benefits of the fabric and the graphite are special to the Bear.
- B.) The top comfort layer really didn’t get hot (it was my 1st time on graphite gel memory foam).
- C.) It worked well in all sleeping positions.
- D.) It has a perfect medium feel that will appeal to most of you out there.
Her Thoughts (Kayla)
1 Very Soft
1 10 Very Firm
Adjustable Base Performance:
Bear Mattress Price:
Take $100 Off Any Size With Our Link.
Current discount code when checking out. Click the button on the side
Bear Mattress Warranty and More
- Shipping – free shipping, it arrives compressed in a box. Typically 2-7 business days.
- Warranty – 10 years
- Trial Period – 100 nights
- Discounts – Use our link above and code $50 OFF with coupon RMR50
- Made in the USA
Bear Mattress Company Info
The Bear Mattress was developed with a Family Foundation
The Bear Mattress founders have been in the mattress business over 25 years ago.