Brentwood Home Cedar Natural Mattress
The Cedar Mattress is an all natural, organic option that holds up to the quality Brentwood Home has been producing for quite some time. I think this is perhaps the best natural mattress for side sleeping, but still firm enough for stomach and back sleeping. See the full review below.
You Will Like the Brentwood Home Cedar if You:
- Like to sleep cool – The organic cotton quilt and natural latex layers do not hold heat. If you are a hot sleeper latex is a good choice. Its aerated for airflow and has less body hug, which ensures more of your body is exposed to the air. Kayla is typically always cold so heat was not an issue for her either.
- Want a Natural Mattress that’s good for side sleeping – The Cedar is softer than other natural latex mattresses we have tested. It uses medium density foam and the 2nd layer is grooved which allows the foam to give a little easier making it better for side sleeping.
- Want a good value – The natural mattress market is smaller and the Cedar is priced right where it should be. Its a fair price for the quality of build.
- Are looking for a latex feel with good bounce – The Cedar uses latex and a pocketed coil unit which both help with bounce and less of a sinking/stuck feeling.
- Are looking for a mattress to fit all sleeping positions – The Cedar is a good medium feel and it performed well for all of our sleeping position tests. Many of the latex/natural mattresses we have tested have been firmer. This has a little softer feel which makes it the best natural option for side sleepers in our opinion.
You Might Not Like Brentwood Home Cedar if You:
- Want a super soft mattress – Sierra is a medium feel. If you prefer an extra soft mattress you will want to look elsewhere.
- Don’t like coil mattresses – If you are a foam mattress lover you may want to consider something with a foam core.
- Prefer a lot of body hug – Latex hybrid mattresses will tend to have more of a floating/sleeping o top of the mattress compared to a memory foam where you have more pronounced body hug.
Brentwood Home Mattress Construction
Organic Cotton Cover
An organic cotton cover is hand-tufted to secure layers without chemical adhesives. It’s pesticide free, eco-friendly, and quilted with a natural fire barrier of hydrated silica sand, the same compound as the gemstone Opal.
Organic Cotton Fiber Quilting
Competitors use foam in their quilted panels and borders. Our Cedar green mattress keeps it natural with organic cotton fibers.
New Zealand Wool
Untreated New Zealand wool wicks away moisture, allows for air circulation, and regulates temperature for comfortable sleep through the seasons.
2-Inch All Natural Latex Layer
Available in a medium feel, made with natural latex and free of synthetic ingredients. Our latex is made with the Dunlop process.
2-inch Grooved All Natural Latex
Our second all natural latex layer is computer designed and cut into 3 targeted zones for increased airflow and precise comfort for your lower back, legs, and shoulders. Our latex made with the Dunlop process.
All Natural Flaxseed Fiber Pad
Most mattresses use synthetic padding to add support. Instead, we chose an all natural layer of flaxseed fibers to separate latex and coils.
8-inch Individually Wrapped Coils
A layer of individually wrapped coils allows precise body contouring for optimal support. Reinforced coils in the lumbar region give your lower back the support it needs, and edge retention coils allow you to sit or sleep at the edges without rolling off. We choose isolated springs to reduce noise, motion transfer, and partner disturbance.
Counts: Twin: 756, Twin XL: 772, Full: 1016, Queen: 1130, King: 1414, Cal King: 1384, Split King: 1544
1-inch Coconut Husk Support Layer
Forget foam bases – we chose an eco-friendly and sustainable layer of organic coconut husk. It’s usually discarded as waste, but we repurpose it for its circulation and antimicrobial properties.
Brentwood Mattress Cover
Organic Cotton Cover
Brentwood Home Mattress Foundation
BRENTWOOD HOME CEDAR MATTRESS NATURAL ORGANIC MATTRESS
His and Hers – Firmness and Feel:
My Thoughts (Ross)
I sometimes have trouble with latex being a little firm for my liking, especially when side sleeping. I feel like the grooved layer of latex helps provide a little mroe give which helped soften it a bit and helped it become one of my favorite latex mattresses for side sleeping.
The Cedar Mattress impressed me for the following reasons.
- A.) To me the overall build and quality was above average. The quantum coil unit is very good, its all natural and button tufted, which you see on high end mattresses.
- B.) The top comfort layers really didn’t get hot and it had a great feel.
- C.) It worked well in all sleeping positions.
- E.) The handles make it easy to spin and move around.
- F.) 25 year warranty
Her Thoughts (Kayla)
1 Very Soft
1 10 Very Firm
Adjustable Base Performance:
Brentwood Home Mattress Price With Our Coupon Applied:
Save 15% Off With Our Link Below & Code Mattressinsiders15
Brentwood Mattress Warranty and More
- Shipping – free shipping, it arrives compressed in a box generally in 1-5 business days
- Warranty – 25 years
- Trial Period – 120 nights
- Discounts – Use our link Save 15% OFF with our link below & code
- MattressInsiders15 at checkout.
- Made in the USA
Brentwood Mattress Company Info
For over 30 years, Brentwood Home has been making mattresses and home essentials with a team of local artisans and fabricators in Los Angeles. “We strongly believe our environment, especially our homes, are at the center of our well-being, allowing us to live comfortable, happy lives.”
The Cedar is a great Natural Option. It has good bounce, sleeps very cool and it one of the BEST Natural Mattresses we have tried for side sleeping.
Like to sleep cool – The organic cotton quilt and natural latex layers do not hold heat. If you are a hot sleeper latex is a good choice. Its aerated for airflow and has less body hug, which ensures more of your body is exposed to the air. Kayla is typically always cold so heat was not an issue for her either.