Idle Sleep Hybrid Mattress Review
IDLE Sleep came onto the scene in late 2017 with multiple mattresses and their main benefit is being 2-Sided but priced as if 1 sided compared to other mattresses that are about the same thickness.We were able to test the Idle Sleep Hybrid Mattress. Thanks to our ongoing sponsor Idle Sleep for your support and providing a mattress for our review. IDLE Sleep is a little none traditional with their launch starting with 4 different models. There seems to be something for everyone in terms of mattress type and firmness levels.
One main difference between IDLE and the other online options is that all of their mattresses are 2-Sided. Meaning they can be spun and flipped to help wear them foams more evenly, ultimately helping to extend the life of the mattress and limit body impressions and sag.
They are offering:
- A 14″ Hybrid – offered in medium and luxury firm
- A 14″ All Foam – offered in medium and luxury firm
- A 14″ Latex Hybrid – one side is medium-firm and one side is firm
- A 12″ Dual Firmness – one side is medium and one side is firm
- A 14″ Air Number bed, adjustable like a SleepNumber
The build of this mattress is impressive at 14″ thick. It is offered in medium and luxury firm options.
A Note From Idle Sleep
IDLE Sleep has set out to bring quality back to the mattress market by providing luxury 2-sided mattresses that ultimately last longer.
Chances are if you are in the market for a new mattress one of the most popular reasons is because your mattress has large dips & impressions or you are experiencing a “roll to the middle” sensation.
IDLE sees the need and want for 2-sided mattresses coming back to the market because they last longer. Many people who bought within the last 5-10 years are experiencing mattresses that are not holding up the way they used to.
When a mattress is slept on night after night it’s the top comfort layers that wear and develop sag and body impressions. On a 1-sided mattress you are able to spin the mattress but not flip.
With 2-sides you are able to wear the foams more evenly by turning and flipping periodically to extend the life of the mattress. Its a fact that 2-sided mattresses last longer.
Read the full unbiased review of the IDLE Sleep Hybrid below.
You Will Like the Idle Hybrid if You:
- Are seeking a hybrid with a choice of firmness level
- Are looking for a 2-sided/flappable mattress which can help extend the life of the mattress.
- Are seeking a mattress that does not trap much heat
- Want a choice of mattress type and firmness level
- Looking to get a mattress that can last longer since it can be spun and flipped
- Value a Lifetime Warranty – I wouldn’t expect any mattress to last an entire lifetime but if they are warrantying it its better than a 10-15 year warranty for sure.
You Might Not Like Idle Hybrid if You:
- Don’t like a true memory foam feel – It will depend which model you order but the softer the mattress the more it will hug your body. With good quality memory foam the response time will be a bit slower than with a poly of latex foam.
- Prefer a mattress with tons of bounce – With 4″ of 5lb memory foam you won’t get as much bounce as a coil mattress or latex mattress. With that said, we still found it easy to switch sleeping positions.
I spent a little more time looking for a bed that would support myself and my boyfriend who is a little bigger. I didn’t want to pay a lot of money but I did need something that would last and support both of us. It has been a comfortable bed and is as strong as an ox.
Very Nice 5/5
I was pretty apprehensive to buy a mattress without trying it out first, but I did a lot of research and decided to take the plunge. I tried several different memory foam mattresses in stores and I’d say this one is superior to the others. The firmness level is just right: not too hard and not too soft. I sink in just enough to feel supported, but not so much that it’s difficult to move. I wake up less in the middle of the night and I’m not sore in the morning. I am very pleased with our purchase.
Next Level Bed 5/5
I ordered my Idle Sleep Hybrid medium firm bed about 5 weeks ago based on both the recommendation of an acquaintance and online reviews. I have been nothing short of elated at the quality of the bed and how well I sleep on it. It is plush and yet supportive and my girlfriend is staying over more often now which is an added bonus.
Great for My Back
My Idle all foam bed has helped my back immensely and for a very reasonable price. Beds similar to this that I have found in stores are close to $1000 more. I was able to do my own research without being pressured to buy and ended up getting a really good deal on this bed.
Idle Sleep Off Gassing
The first thing you will do when you get your Idle mattress is bring it to the room you will open it in. You do not want to unroll it in another room. Once you are ready to open it you can use the cutter some brands provide, if not use a scissors and be careful not to cut the fabric.
As it starts opening it will expand quickly and you will only notice a slight “new mattress smell”. The Idle mattress is made in the USA so it is not roll packed very long, which helps with minimize off gassing.
“Off Gassing” for me is tricky because no matter what brand you are looking at they are going to have a smell. “Natural” or Organic” mattresses often times have the strongest smell, even though people associate them with no off gassing. A smell is normal and no matter what brand you buy is going to have some kind of new smell.
In most cases the smell will be gone within 12-36 hours or very faint. I always recommend using a mattress protector so once the mattress airs out use a protector and sheets and at that point you should not experience much smell at all.
Idle Sleep Hybrid Mattress Construction
- Cover ThermoCool Fabric works with the bodies natural thermal capabilities through smart fiber cross sections
- 1” quilting foam on each side1.512 density
- 1” Latex like foam 3.6lb, IFD 20
- 2” IDLE buoyancy Foam 3.5lb
- Quantum Edge
- The comfort foams are on both sides since it 2-sided
- Designed to allow turning and flipping to wear the foam more evenly for a longer life.
- Count of any coils. 1052 (queen)
- Latex: Synthetic 3.6lbs
- Any edge support features: Quantum® Edge forms a frame around our Bolsa® Nested unit, providing a better edge than foam, reducing or eliminating that roll-off feeling, and delivering a consistent sleep surface.
• Proven 26% more durable than foam encasements.
• On adjustable bases, Quantum Edge bends an average of 24% easier than foam encasements, which means less wear and tear on moving parts.
Luxury Firm Version
- Cover ThermoCool Fabric
- 1” quilting foam on each side1.512 density
- 1” IDLE buoyancy Foam 3.5lb
- 2” Transition Poly foam 1.828lb
- Quantum Edge Coil unit
- Comfort foams the same on flip side
See the benefits of Idle Foam below from Idlesleep.com
Idle Mattress Cover
ThermoCool Fabric that is designed to help regulate body temperature
Durable side panels WITH handles!
Idle Mattress Foundation
IDLE SLEEP 14″ HYBRID MATTRESS REVIEW
His and Hers – Firmness and Feel:
My Thoughts (Ross)
I had a good experience on the IDLE Hybrid. Being that I own a mattress store I am very familiar with 1 and 2 sided mattresses and we are a store that sells both where most large stores only sell 1 sided models.
In terms of feel, we tested the medium and it was a nice true medium. Maybe just a touch on the firmer side of medium which I personally like since it will allow some break in without getting too soft.
It had good motion isolation and did not sleep hot.
The quality is very high and being able to spin and flip your mattress will extend the life of it.
Her Thoughts (Kayla)
I pretty much agree with Ross. The overall feel was very good. The mattress was very substantial, and built with quality in mind.
There was little motion transfer which is important to me because Ross and our dog move around a lot!
I think most people will like the overall feel of the medium.
Softness- Luxury Firm Firmness Level: 8
1 Very Soft
1 10 Very Firm
Adjustable Base Performance:
Idle Mattress Price With Our Discount Link & Coupon Code:
30% Off With 2 Free Pillows With Our Link
Idle Mattress Warranty and More
- Shipping – free shipping, it arrives compressed in a box generally in 5-10 business days
- Warranty – Lifetime
- Trial Period – 18 Months
- Discounts – Currently offering 30% Off
- Made in the USA
Idle Mattress Company Info
Idle is a newer company to the online space but has come out with a whole line of mattresses, offering good quality and bringing back the 2-sided design.
“IDLE Sleep was developed by two industry experienced veterans with over 18 years in the mattress industry as sales reps & factory leads with designing many mattresses for the retail markets.”